Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday.

I've just returned from a tea party at which I consumed no fewer than five cups of tea in a few hours... hence, I feel quite awake and in the mood for writing. I warned that tea would be mentioned quite frequently in this blog, so there you go.
I am sitting in my favorite room of the house. It has four big windows, two which face the house it was a companion to a hundred years ago, and two which fill the room with warm yellow setting-sunlight in evenings. It's in the back corner of the house, and there is something peacefully set-apart about it. It also has different, fancier moldings around the windows, which makes me imagine that it was a more important room in the past. Since I've lived here it has been a living room, then a dining room, and once again it is a living room which contains a new cozy fireplace and the piano. The fireplace is cold, and I haven't played the piano all that much lately. I can't help feeling as though both of those truths are somewhat parallel to my own life at this time. I'm not saying that I am depressed or anything so silly... I certainly am not pity-partying. I just am standing still right now, and have no earthshaking decisions or destinations at present. I am actually pretty content and quite happy, I just want to make sure I'm not wasting time, if you understand me. One thing I am determined to do, is to be more involved with missions and charities. I so often take my blessings for granted, and I want to give some of them away to someone who will appreciate them more than I ever could.
So I don't really know exactly where this blog took me... other than to my favorite living room, wearing my tea-party dress, my mind humming the song I heard in the car which caused this charitable resolve to grow so firmly in my caffeine less-than-free brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment