Friday, March 20, 2009

Introduction.


I'm suddenly inspired to write. Inspired by indignation, in fact. Indignation, yes, with a hint of procrastination. There is something about those two states of mind which makes me more eloquent than when I am happy and leisurely.

I don't really have much to say about things; about the state of politics, the state of the economy, the state of the weather, the state of New York. I think the only state I can currently speak about with any certainty is the state of my own mind and heart. Maybe this subject would be better left alone, but after all, I think it's my right to ramble at great length about myself on a blog whose URL is "hannahhempstead.blogspot.com." If you want politics or weather, just quit reading now.

So, here you are. If you're looking for a statement of purpose for this blog, or for a general theme which will consume the contents of it, you could probably sum it up very nicely like this:
The purpose of this blog is to provide a window into Hannah Hempstead's observations. There is no guarantee that these observations will reveal anything intelligent, entertaining, or relevant. One guarantee is that Tea, Community College, and C. S. Lewis are likely to be mentioned with some frequency.

No comments:

Post a Comment